READING SCHEDULE
Why I am an Atheist Who Believes in GOD, by Frank Schaeffer
(Winter Quarter Sunday School Class)
Date Chapters Pages Date Chapters Pages
Dec 7 -- -- Jan 25 XV 75
XVI 78
Dec 14 I 1 XVII 83
II 10
Feb 1 XVIII 89
Dec 21 III 16 XIX 92
IV 21 XX 95
V 25
Feb 8 XXI 100
Dec 28 -- -- XXII 104
Jan 4 VI 29 Feb 15 XXIII 111
VII 35
VIII 39 Feb 22 XXIV 124
XXV 129
Jan 11 IX 45 XXVI 135
X 51 XXVII 140
XI 55
Jan 18 XII 58
XIII 63
XIV 67
The following are links to various on-line articles:
This is link to article I mentioned that refers to "gift of progressive Christianity."
This is link to the David Brooks Column that Leo Goertz mentioned in class on 2-8-2015.
My horrible right-wing past: Confessions of a one-time religious right icon by Frank Schaffer
Richard Rohr’s Daily Meditation titled “I Am Who I Am” dated December 18, 2014
"Science Increasingly Makes the Case for God", WSJ article by Eric Metaxas, Dec. 25, 2014
Here is a link to the PDF (searchable) of Franky Schaeffer’s 1981 book Addicted to Mediocrity: 20th Century Christians
and the Arts, in its revised 1985 edition. The download is about 16MB.
"An Atheist’s Christmas Dream", NY Times article by Mark Bittman (Dec. 25, 2014)
"Religion Without God", NY Times article by T.M. Luhrmann
"Religion’s smart-people problem: The shaky intellectual foundations of absolute faith", Salon article by John G. Messerly
"Major Threat to Religion? Clergy People Coming Out as Atheists", article from AlterNet by Greta Christina
Clif's review of the book "Why I'm an Atheist Who Believes in God" by Frank Schaffer
What Newsweek Gets Wrong About Evangelicals, by Rachel Held Evans, special to CNN
If You Aren’t a Little Bit Agnostic, You Might Not Be Progressive
This is link to the David Brooks Column that Leo Goertz mentioned in class on 2-8-2015.
My horrible right-wing past: Confessions of a one-time religious right icon by Frank Schaffer
A Religion for the Nonreligious by Tim Urba (Wait But Why blog)
How Religion Got in the Way by Tim Urba (Wait But Why blog)
Richard Rohr’s Daily Meditation titled “I Am Who I Am” dated December 18, 2014
"Science Increasingly Makes the Case for God", WSJ article by Eric Metaxas, Dec. 25, 2014
Here is a link to the PDF (searchable) of Franky Schaeffer’s 1981 book Addicted to Mediocrity: 20th Century Christians
and the Arts, in its revised 1985 edition. The download is about 16MB.
"An Atheist’s Christmas Dream", NY Times article by Mark Bittman (Dec. 25, 2014)
"Religion Without God", NY Times article by T.M. Luhrmann
"Religion’s smart-people problem: The shaky intellectual foundations of absolute faith", Salon article by John G. Messerly
"Major Threat to Religion? Clergy People Coming Out as Atheists", article from AlterNet by Greta Christina
Clif's review of the book "Why I'm an Atheist Who Believes in God" by Frank Schaffer
What Newsweek Gets Wrong About Evangelicals, by Rachel Held Evans, special to CNN
If You Aren’t a Little Bit Agnostic, You Might Not Be Progressive
No comments:
Post a Comment